43 Pictures That Look Just Like Every British Person’s Childhood
We have to go back!
3. Getting turkey dinosaurs for school dinner was like winning the lottery.
4. But walking around with one of these on your back for hours was hard to get over.
7. Eventually you got Sky, but rather than watch TV you just spent your days playing Beehive Bedlam.
9. But you’d often get stuck, which meant watching GamesMaster in the hope that you’d find out a new cheat.
11. And you could get Chewits that tasted like ice cream. Though you were never sure if it totally worked.
12. You learnt very quickly that Dec didn’t like it when callers’ answers didn’t rhyme.
13. And as far as you were concerned this pissed all over Friends.
ITV / Via smtvlive.wikia.com
14. You were SO impressed with modern technology such as Videoplus+.
15. You were never funnier than when reading out a joke from a Penguin wrapper.
16. You’d have swapped ALL your Pogs to get a chance to go on The Crystal Maze.
Which they definitely need to bring back, by the way.
17. You could watch The Simpsons on BBC Two without any adverts getting in the way.
18. The moment you’d get home you’d be straight on MSN to flirt (badly) with the person you had a crush on that day.
19. Somehow there was a prime time TV show about snooker. And you LOVED it.
20. After which you’d flick over to ITV to watch Wolf, who you didn’t know whether to love or hate.
ITV / Via nowmagazine.co.uk
21. Then, of course, there was Anthea Turner and her papier mache Tracy Island. It was meant to look like this…
23. There weren’t many worse feelings than getting stuck in the mud.
25. Robot Wars was the highlight of your Friday night.
BBC / Via robotwars.wikia.com
26. And then you could actually watch live music on TV thanks to Top of the Pops. Imagine that!
27. This was your first (and most enjoyable) experience of smoking.
28. When the teacher asked you to put your chairs on the table you knew the day was over.
When your least favorite teacher tells you to put your chairs on the table before the bell rings
29. At which point you’d race home to watch the most terrifying man on television.
30. You’d recreate Knightmare in your living room by putting a bucket over your head.
ITV / Via starburstmagazine.com
32. Playing on the apparatus was the best PE lesson you could have.
33. But if you fell these things were going to do you no good at all.
34. It was all about who had the biggest pile of swaps.
Robin Edds / BuzzFeed
36. Occasionally you’d stay up late enough to watch Eurotrash and probably be scarred for life.
Channel 4 / Via epicbuzz.net
40. And you can’t quite understand why you haven’t played with one of these in 20 years.
41. This decision defined your whole year.
Luke Bailey / BuzzFeed
42. And to this day you occasionally rub a 50 pence piece and make a wish.
BBC / Via imgur.com