12 Pieces Of Practical Advice From Housecats
As Freud would say, “Time spent with cats is never wasted.”
1. 1. Always share the bed covers and pillows with your bedmate.
Because, if you don’t, you will find paws up your nose and feel love nips at your toes.
2. 2. Patience is truly a virtue.
Even if it involves a printer that likes to jam itself up every so often.
3. 3. When you’ve finished, always leave the toilet seat neater than when you found it.
Nobody’s bottom or paws like a soiled seat.
4. 4. Time is best when you’re present.
Cell phones, laptops, Facebook and Twitter have no place at the dinner table.
5. 5. Take every opportunity you have to travel.
If someone offers you a warm bed to sleep in in a country far away, go and go fast – those invitations don’t come often.
6. 6. Nobody is worth feeling small for, no matter how large you become in the moments they make you happier, nobody is worth the shrink.
An unknown may have said it but this unknown could not have been more profound.
7. 7. Be forever curious.
The day you stop being curious is the day you stop living.
8. 8. Make friends with others.
Even if they’re large, loud and teething on the wall.
9. 9. Midnight snacks are the best snacks.
Especially if they include deep, meaningful stares that force you to wonder whether or not Harold Ramis’ ghost is haunting your freezer.
10. 10. Always make time for the things you enjoy doing.
Even if it means late nights and sweaty equipment strewn across the kitchen floor.
11. 11. Be organized.
Life is a little bit less messy when you know when your bills are due.
12. 12. Relax when you need to.
Everyone deserves some quality me time at the end of the day.