You NEED To Listen Sam Smith’s Debut Album Right Now And Let Your Heart Break For Like A Thousand Times.
I’m telling you, he’s like the male version of Adele.
1. He is British, he is 22, and his big voice is here to stay.
If you haven’t known – well, but you’ve definitely heard Naughty Boy’s “La La La” already right??? – Sam Smith is one of the most up-and-coming male voices in Hollywood today.
Less than two years into the music scene, he has already got a No. 1 song (“La La La”) and two awards – the 2014 BRIT Critics’ Choice Award and the BBC’s Sound of 2014 Award – under his belt.
3. Give his album a listen and you would be instantly hooked.
One of the most attractive qualities of Sam Smith’s singing is the soulfulness contained and expressed in every word and note. His live performance? Insane.
4. WATCH: Sam Smith – “Lay Me Down” (Live on SNL)
5. Sam Smith’s debut studio album In The Lonely Hour was released on 26th May.
In an interview, Sam discloses that the album is about a guy he fell in love with last year who didn’t love him back.
“I’ve never been in a relationship before,” he said. “I’ve only been in unrequited relationships where people haven’t loved me back.”
Well it’s their loss now, definitely.
P.S. Adele wrote her songs based on her break-ups. See the link??? He’s gonna make it big like her too.
7. LISTEN: Sam Smith’s “Leave Your Lover” goes about the story of him being in love with someone who’s already attached.
Get ready some tissue ‘cos you just might need it. #DepressingSongAlert
8. Sam also came out as a gay man recently.
He said in a interview, “I am comfortable with myself, and my life is amazing in that respect… I’ve been treated as normal as anyone in my life; I’ve had no issues. I do know that some people have issues in life, but I haven’t, and it’s as normal as my right arm. I want to make it a normality because this is a non-issue. People wouldn’t ask a straight person these questions.”